Monday, May 21, 2018

Baby Daddy by Kendall Ryan



Publication: February 27, 2018
Publisher: Kendall Ryan LLC
Source: Purchased Book


We met in a trapped elevator.

Emmett was on his way to work, sophisticated and handsome in his tailored suit and tie.

I was on my way to the sperm bank. Awkward, right?

At thirty-five, my life hadn’t taken the path I thought it would and I was tired of waiting—I wanted a baby. And I was ready to take matters into my own hands to make it happen.

After our ill-fated elevator encounter, Emmett insisted on taking me to dinner—he also insisted on something else—that I ditch my plan involving a turkey baster and let him do the job. He would be my baby daddy. He was a wealthy and powerful CEO with little interest in diapers or playdates. And since he didn’t want kids, I’d be on my own once his bun was in my oven, free to go my own way.

But once his baby was inside me, it was like a switch had been flipped, and I got a whole lot more than I ever bargained for.

This full-length standalone contains a hot, swoonworthy hero, lots of playful banter and some hot baby-making s-e-x! Enjoy.

******************************

Jenna is a smart and gorgeous business savvy woman. She is used to being in charge and getting things done. Having been raised by a single mom, Jenna knows that she doesn’t need to be married in order to start a family. She is pretty confident that she has what it takes to do it on her own. Which is why she makes the decision to go to a fertility clinic.

Emmett is a very successful CEO of his family’s company. He loves being with women, but he also loves being single. Being tied down in a relationship is not for him. He is married to his work. And for him, that is more than enough. Or at least he thought, until fate brought him and Jenna together stuck in an elevator. Before they are rescued, they’ve already agreed to do some good old fashioned baby making instead of Jenna going to the fertility clinic. It’ll be a fun experience and they both get what they want. I mean how hard could it be? And what happens when one or both parties begin to develop real feelings?

There was a spark between these two from the very beginning. They had great chemistry. It was a little surprising how sweet Emmett could be considering he was a big ladies man. I wasn’t a big fan of Jenna at first. At times she did seem a little cold and indecisive when it came to what she wanted/expected from Emmett.
Jenna and Emmett lacked so much communication. It frustrated me knowing that at times, a lot of their problems could have been solved if they would’ve just talked it out. However, if they had communicated effectively, there wouldn’t have been much of a story here to begin with. So I get that. I can’t have it both ways.

I kept seeing Baby Daddy being advertised as a romance with a twist…To me, this story is not necessarily a new one. It was an easy and cute story, but it ended up being just an okay read for me. I did like how everything came together though. I caught some hints of You’ve Got Mail while reading the story. Maybe just me? It was well written and the characters were fun and interesting. If you like cheesy, but sweet romances then Baby Daddy might be just what you are looking for.


RATING: 3 out of 5.



BUY THE BOOK:



Join the Addiction:
My Blog| Twitter | BlogLovin’ | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment